Embodied Singing Circle
facilitated by Jesse Olsen Bay
Saturday Feb 25, 10am-1pm
in Sebastopol (exact location given with registration)
$30, no one turned away for lack of funds
In this workshop, we'll employ traditional songs, vocal and physical improvisation, and musical meditations to connect more deeply with ourselves and each other. Together, we will:
- Use physical awareness and embodiment practices to find ease, freedom, and expression in our voices
- Learn to listen and sing together in a group, blending our voices in harmony and balance
- Sing beautiful, traditional songs, as vehicles for self-expression and deeper connection with community, history, and a sense of the sacred
- Improvise with our voices and bodies, journeying together through the deep, wide ocean of sound
- Express and transform our deepest emotions -- joy, longing, sadness, love, peace, anger -- in a safe and supportive environment
These workshops are open to all levels of experience. Expect a special emphasis on protest songs!
I look forward to singing with you...